The ruggedness is accomplished by using engineered products such as Honeycomb FRP panels and engineered lightweight laminated structural panels. All components and cabinetry are bonded in place not just screwed like normal RV construction.
- The aluminum chassis is built to exacting specifications. Then the 1 ½ inch laminated honeycomb floor is bolted and bonded to the aluminum I-beam frame to create a torque box effect for unsurpassed rigidness. All external walls and roof are built of the same 1 ½ inch FRP laminated honeycomb. The walls and the roof are bonded to extrusions custom made for this application.
- Custom torsion bar suspension is used to create stability, a smooth ride and to insure there is nothing that hangs below the trailer. Look under the Adak and you will not see anything below the frame to get caught and torn off when taking the overland route. No pavement no problem.
- Plumbing, wiring, and every aspect has been designed specifically to endure rugged use and to be easily maintain.
- Cooling and heating is no problem the temperature is easily maintained due to 1 ½ inch dead airspace created by the honeycomb FRP laminate and the use of double pane windows.
- Due to the one piece construction created when bonding the panels to create the exterior shell leaking that plagues many RV, particularly if someone tries to use them off the pavement is a thing of the past.
Nothing but good, durable, low maintenance hardware is used.